Many of our patients do not have private health insurance and elect to be treated privately.
Nobody likes surprises though, so after your initial consultation you will be given an estimate of the following fees which you will be liable for, many of which will need to be paid, prior to, or at admission:
- Surgeons fee (the gap between the Medicare benefit and your surgeons fee)
- Surgical Assistant fees (the gap between the Medicare benefit and your surgical assistant fee)
- Anaesthetist fees (the gap between the Medicare benefit and your surgeons fee)
- Hospital accommodation and theatre fees
- Surgically implanted prostheses - if relevant
- The gap for diagnostic services (medical imaging and pathology) - if relevant
Essentially this means you meet all costs of the admission yourself except those covered by Medicare.
We cannot provide payment plans.
For further information about being a self funded private patient, contact our rooms